Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sanctuary: Global Oases of Innocence

Sanctuary: Global Oases of Innocence

Sanctuary: Global Oases of Innocence by Michael Tobias
Buy new: $60.00 / Used from: $20.41
Usually ships in 24 hours

I first learned of this book at www.sanctuary-thebook.org
That hooked me; that and my knowledge of the books of these two wonderful authors.
Sanctuary is simply indescribable, and rather hard to imagine how two people managed to create something so beautiful, so rich, and so lyrical. The more than 800 photographs, the 24 chapters, the global diversity all combine to make this a work of true literary and scientific heroism. The Foreword by the Queen of Bhutan is perfect and the book utterly infectious. I purchased the signed, numbered limited edition and it was $150.00 well spent. A true jewel of a book that we keep on our coffee table.

Sanctuary: Global Oases of Innocence

No comments:

My Blog List